Tuesday, 19 May,
Online webinar, London
Hosted by Chatham House Rule
An update from the UK Government to foreign corporate investors.
This webinar is hosted by Chatham House Rule and organised in collaboration with the Nordic Chambers of Commerce in the UK.
The UK, Europe and indeed the world are facing unprecedented times during the Covid-19 pandemic. Adding to that let us not forget the United Kingdom is in full speed in arranging a time post UK’s exit from the European Union, including arranging free trade agreements.
We are pleased to be joined by HM Government’s Minister for Investment Lord Grimstone of Boscoble Kt, who will give a briefing on this followed by a curated Q&A session with questions from the audience.
He will be joined by Michael Charlton, Managing Director & Chief Investment Officer and Christina Liaos, European Lead Foreign Direct Investment, both from the Department for International Trade.
Lord Grimstone of Boscobel Kt was appointed unpaid Minister for Investment jointly at the Department for International Trade and the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy on 18 March 2020. Before joining government, his career spanned the private and public sectors. His roles have included:
- chairman of Barclays Bank plc and Standard Life Aberdeen
- lead non-executive on the board of the Ministry of Defence
- chairman of financial services body, TheCityUK, from 2012 to 2015
- member of HM Treasury’s Financial Services Trade and Investment Board
Lord Grimstone has held board appointments across many sectors and served as one of the UK’s Business Ambassadors. He also:
- conducted the Cabinet Office’s triennial review of the Civil Service Commission
- conducted the Cabinet Office’s Review of Public Appointments in the UK, which led to the Public Appointments Code
- led a task force to establish the new Centre for Public Services Leadership
He has a particular interest in UK-China and UK-India relations. He has joined several Ministerial visits, including the annual Economic and Financial Dialogues between the countries. He also chaired TheCityUK China Market Advisory Group. Lord Grimstone was knighted in 2014 for public service to defence and business.
On registration, your basic data of name, company and email address will need to be shared with the DKUK, in order for us to process registrations, send the webinar link and reminders in the run up to the event, and give all a chance to ask questions prior. The DKUK will be deleting all non-DKUK contact data after the event. By registering for this event you consent to your data being shared.