Wednesday, 26 May
9.00 am – 2.10 pm GMT
The Nordic countries and Chatham House are delighted to invite you to the online conference ‘Addressing the climate emergency while staying competitive: Nordic and British approaches and innovations’, which will take place 9:00-14:10 BST on the 26th of May 2021.
Green innovations and solutions are critical for decarbonizing our economies and reaching the goals of the Paris Agreement. The Nordics and the UK have set ambitious climate targets, rank highly in the ‘Global Cleantech Innovation Index’, and host a wide range of companies that are frontrunners in sustainability. This conference brings together policymakers, business leaders and experts to explore how Nordic and British innovations, solutions and approaches help raise climate ambition, support the implementation of climate pledges, and contribute to a global green recovery in the aftermath of Covid-19.The event will feature a high-level political discussion on the international climate agenda as well as sessions on key issues like green energy solutions, decarbonizing the harder-to-abate sectors, electric vehicle roll-out, and sustainable finance.
Speakers will include:
- Pekka Haavisto, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Government of Finland
- Per Bolund, Minister of Environment and Climate, and Deputy Prime Minister, Government of Sweden
- Dan Joergensen, Minister for Climate, Energy, and Utilities, Government of Denmark
- Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson, Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Development Cooperation, Government of Iceland
- Helena Soimakallio, Executive Director of Sustainable Development, Finnish Technology Industries
- Anders Langworth, Head of Group Sustainability, Nordea
- Geir Olsen, State Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Government of Norway
- Christina Friborg-Bage, Head of Sustainability, SSAB
- Dr Edda Sif Pind Aradottir, CEO, Carbfix
More information about the event is available on the Chatham House website. Kindly note that the conference is free of charge.