FBCC Patron member F-Secure has published this F-Secure Countercept whitepaper “Demystifying Threat Hunting” – Your threat hunting handbook.
‘Threat hunting’ has become something of a buzzword in the cyber security industry, and like any other buzzword the term is often misused.
Proactive threat hunting is very different from manually searching through raw data to find an attacker, and threat hunting as a service is complementary to detection & response operations rather than a replacement for them.
F-Secure’s whitepaper will clear up the confusion, explaining:
- What threat hunting is – and what it isn’t.
- Continuous Response – what it is and why you need it.
- Why Continuous Response and threat hunting are both required to successfully defend against targeted attacks.
- Good threat hunting unpacked.
- The future of threat hunting.
Find out more about the whitepaper here.